20150210

this has long been in my head.



i wonder how life would be when my parents get really old. i mean, yeah they're old now, but, geriatrics old. bedridden old.

possibly amnesiac old. alzheimer's old.

i wonder how i would fare. i wonder how i would be able to take care of them. i wonder how i'll be able to pay the bills, or clean no, cleaning house is not a problem. i wonder how i'll be able to keep up with their medicines and their needs. how i'll manage to remind them about who they are, who i am, and what they are doing. would i even manage? nobody wants responsibility like this. nobody wants to feel obligated to do this. neither do i, but i know that i should. it's my duty. i cannot simply leave them when they need me the most. but i wonder all the same.



i wonder who i could run to for help, if the need arises. i wonder who would come and help me, of their own volition.



i wonder if i can make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment